Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity : The Results

+3
shiv
davy_brazil
Dillonger
7 posters

Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity : The Results Empty Re: I'm a Kenmare Celebrity : The Results

Post by NOELIEBOY Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 am

ooops !
Helly you slipped up BIG time there! sorry about the proverbial spanner! Now !!can i get a few crumbs of toast from that prize !? or even a chartered flight to Farranfore for the BIG game!!

BTW Dillonger..Sure who among us isnt a failed hurler ? and if not in this life then the next... eh(or maybe the next 8 if your of the feline persuasion).

my physio reckons there will be NO wetsuits in ZURICH!!!! only GOOSEgrease or Lanolin!!!

noelieboy+the 2dodgy calves

NOELIEBOY

Back to top Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity : The Results Empty Re: I'm a Kenmare Celebrity : The Results

Post by mac Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:25 am

An historic victory for West Waterford I'd say!!! Well done Shiv cheers cheers cheers

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 am

NNNNOOOOoooooooooo!!!!! No

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:45 am

Noelieboy, you had in fact posted the closest swim time, so this has thrown the results out of kilter, as now Helly only gets 2 points in this category. We're gonna have to go to the polls for this one. This might bring down the club in a similar way to when Jim Kemmy brought down to Government back in the 80s for refusing to accept VAT on children's shoes Surprised

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:59 am

Sorry Noelieboy, That was my fault. We twisted your arm the night before the race to get your times and then I forgot to pass them on to Dillonger.

They were as follows:
Swim 37.00mins
T1: 3.00
Bike: 2hrs 55mins
T2: 2.00mins
Run: 1hr 45mins (on a good day without dodgy calfs)

Total: 5hrs 22mins

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:16 am

Noelieboy, I didn't get predictions for you. Unless you wrote them out and gave them to Helen? Or unless you are the unidentified UFO that appeared on the site last week.

In any even, I feel I should tender my resignation to the board of the Waterford Inner City Triathlon Club. I'm hoping to set up a new faction of Waterford Triathlon Club entitled 'Waterford Triathlon Club for Failed Hurlers'. This will rule out Peter Barry straight away. Anyone on for joining.

On a seperate note, I'm thinking of setting up a poll on this forum entitled; 'Does Dillonger Have Too Much Time on His Hands?'

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by NOELIEBOY Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:58 pm

dear Mr Dillonger!
I am writing this at a very low ebb! not only did i injure my calf in kenmare but my pride aswell! i feel hard done by ... my swim times and transition times plus bike times should be included in the predictions ??? BOOO HOOO ...
If you could find it in your heart to include me in the comp. you would be doing me a great favour. I ve been crying myself to sleep eversince and it aint helping my recovery(very dehydrated).
yours
noelieboy

NOELIEBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:53 am

Thought we were going to be banned for next year when I read the first few words Surprised

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:58 am

Hi All,

Below is an e-mail I received from Paddy Quinlan, race organiser of The Lost Sheep Triathlon in Kenmare. Be proud!

Hi Helen,

Just a quick note to say thanks to the triathletes from Waterford Tri Club who showed great sportsmanship and in no small way added hugely to the atmosphere at the finish line with their vocal support.

Regards
Paddy

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Well Done to everyone in Kenmare. All Brilliant results! I think most people were surprised at how well they did, especially in the heatwave that we had. Thanks to everyone for hanging around at the finish for us all to finish...I know some of you had quite a long wait! It was a great boost for the last 100m to hear ye all shouting and cheering.
It was commented by quite a few people that we had great support from Waterford this year, throughtout the whole course (including some of the lads cooking sausages on top of the Caha pass, the smell wafting across..) for the whole day so, Well Done Supporters! cheers

With 18 clubmembers taking part and about 20 supporters, all staying in rented houses and campervans, it was one of our most successful, enjoyable and most popular weekends away so we will be back again next year even bigger and better.

(And of course myself and Norma didn't draft. We're both very law abiding. There was 10mins between our bike times in the end - Norma had major bike trouble in the race)

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by shiv Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 am

Well done Helen, well deserved and no of course she shouldn't be disqualified!

shiv

Back to top Go down

Post by davy_brazil Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 am

Well boy, what is all of this with the results .... it looks as if Helly and Norma were drafting on the cycle, they left transition at the same time and only 4 minutes separated them at the end ... and that is over an 85km cycle. Surely ye were drafting ladies ... what have ye got to say for yerselves? If this is the case, then Helly should be disqualified from this lark altogether. What is the story with you Dillon .... that was a fair result you had in Kenmare .... the lad Radley must be on drugs boy!

davy_brazil

Back to top Go down

Post by davy_brazil Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 am

Well boy, what is all of this with the results .... it looks as if Helly and Norma were drafting on the cycle, they left transition at the same time and only 4 minutes separated them at the end ... and that is over an 85km cycle. Surely ye were drafting ladies ... what have ye got to say for yerselves? If this is the case, then Helly should be disqualified from this lark altogether. What is the story with you Dillon .... that was a fair result you had in Kenmare .... the lad Radley must be on drugs boy!

davy_brazil

Back to top Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity : The Results Empty I'm a Kenmare Celebrity : The Results

Post by Dillonger Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 pm

After 3 months of training of painstaking training, it's now time to see how your favourite has got on in I'm a Kenmare Celebrity, GET ME TO THE FINISH LINE......

In no particular order, the first contestant to leave the show this evening is Slatts whose only mistake was to predict his times thinking it was a super sprint triathlon Smile

It's also fair to say that Misters Dillonger, Lambster, Bowster did not secure a single vote from the public tonight and will now leaving the show... The Goggster was reported to be polling well during the cycle and in actual fact would have possibly secured all 10 points in the cycle leg if the public had been less sympathetic towards her!

So things are hotting up here on ITV1, join us after the break to see who will be crowned the 2009 champion of I'm a Kenmare Celebrity, GET ME TO THE FINISH LINE......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's time to announce the results, Aerohed took up the early lead in the swim with a predicted time just 1min and 2 secs outside his prediction. Helly Whyte was second and Copperman was third in this category.... so it looks at this early stage that the trophy would be winging it's way out past the tramore road on it's onwards journey to Avondale this evening? But this show also has twists and this year will be no different.... join us after the break for more drama Idea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon learning of low TV ratings for this show in the Dungarvan area, Siobhan Dunphy and Keith Flipper Radley decide to mount a challenge for the greatest prize in reality triathlon by posting the 1st and 2nd closest T1 times, but Aerohed picked up what could prove to be a very valuable 3rd place in this category, so after round two, the public vote appears as follows; Aerohed 12 points, Shiv 10 points, Helly 5 points, Keith 5 points, Copperman 2 points. As yet no sign of Tom Casey, tune in after the break to find out how the 'Darling of the Deise' is faring in the hearts and minds of the public Surprised

Indeed the aforementioned Tom Casey has lived up to his billing as the 'Darling of the Deise' and secured a massive public vote in the cycle section and secured all 10 points in this category to jump to almost the top of the leaderboard but Helly Whyte was still running a huge campaign in the Avondale area to secure 5 points. Meanwhile, a small faction of viewers in the Kilmeaden area were steadily picking up their phones for Martin Kirwan, and that resulted in The King of Kilmeaden getting onto the leaderboard with 2 points in this category. So overall now, it's Aerohed 12 points, TC 10 points, Siobhan 10 points, Helly 10 points, Keith 5 points, Copperman 2 points, Martin K 2 points. Little did we know the drame that would unfold next, don't go anywhere pirat

The town of Dungarvan came alive when news broke throughout the town that Siobhan Dunphy has posted the closest T2 time to take the outright lead in the competition. Rumours of a voting pact began to emerge between Siobhan and Keith Radley with Keith deciding to opt out of the running in order to secure a victory for Dungarvan. The response from the city was swift, with Aerohed and TC filling the minor places in this category and securing the 5 points and 2 points respectively . So overall now, it's Siobhan 20 points, Aerohed 17 points, TC 12 points, Helly 10 points, Keith 5 points, Copperman 2 points, Martin K 2 points. So with one leg to go, was there anyone that could beat Siobhan, was there anyone that could have one last throw of the dice to keep the trophy in the city, was anyone daring to dream drunken

Helly Whyte knew going out on the run that she would have needed a miracle to reel in the leaders, but if miracles happen anywhere, they happen in Kenmare. By posting a run time to within 8 seconds of her target, Helly Whyte shot up to the very top of the leaderboard alongside Siobhan. This was it, city v county, it was all coming down to this. The Kilmeaden faithful were keeping behind Martin Kirwan and he got 5 points in this category with Keith getting the two points. So the final score is: Helly 20 points, Siobhan 20 points, Aerohed 17 points, TC 12 points, Martin K 7 points, Keith 7 points, Copperman 2 points. In the event of a tie, it was decided to go the judges for the casting vote so Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh decided to award the title based on the overall closest predicted time. So with a time of 6hrs, 29 mins and 24 seconds, just 1 min and 24 seconds above here predicted times, Helly Whyte has been crowned the 2009 champion of I'm a Kenmare Celebrity, GET ME TO THE FINISH LINE......

At a hastily convened EGM of Waterford Tri Club on Sunday afternoon, it was decided to upgrade the prize for this year's competition and have the same prize as what the man of the match got in the all Ireland hurling final - a flight for two to anywhere in the world with Ethihad Airways. But not to worry as they club coffers are not expected to be hit that hard on the basis that we expect Helly (and Aerohed) to choose Kerry Airport and Kenmare as their destination for another training weekend bounce

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down