Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line

+8
copperman
Aerohed
Metal Basher
Spins
martink
Slatts
Helly
Dillonger
12 posters

Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line Empty Re: I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line

Post by bruce Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 am

Best of luck to everyone competing at the weekend!

bruce

Back to top Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line Empty Re: I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line

Post by kc Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Someone help me find my way around this site Im lost. Anyway my times.
Swim 40 mins
T1 , 1 min 50 seconds
Cycle, 2 hours 43 mins
T 2, 1 min
Run. 1 hour 50 mins

I think that gives me 5 hours 16 mins,

That will probably give me time to have a cup of Tea with Noel and Stefan while they are hiding around the corner looking at their watches waiting to go to Transition, ( one sugar please and a cheese sandwich)
And well done Brian that new stuff your on must be really working.

I feeeeel gooood ( But looking at the time I dont know if I feel that good)

Matbe somone could explain how I can get my posts onto the same page as everyone else.

kc

Back to top Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line Empty Hi IM new to this and have put my details under a different subject(Kenmare I wanna be a star) Im too lazy and notn able to transfern it so look it up there please

Post by kc Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 pm

copperman wrote:Norma I am sorry but under no circumstances can I ignore a 10 minute transition!!!! Really I know we all have our comfort zones but a siesta in the middle of a race is excessive. WHEN you finish I will clean your bike for you! I have employed a top pancake chef as well.

Helen it might reduce your packing time if you were only packing for yourself!

kc

Back to top Go down

Post by copperman Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Norma I am sorry but under no circumstances can I ignore a 10 minute transition!!!! Really I know we all have our comfort zones but a siesta in the middle of a race is excessive. WHEN you finish I will clean your bike for you! I have employed a top pancake chef as well.

Helen it might reduce your packing time if you were only packing for yourself!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by NormaG Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:49 am

Looks like I'm the last to put in my times, but expect to be the last to finish anyway (if i finish!)

Swim: 1 hour
T1: 10 minutes
Bike: 3hours 45 minutes
T2: 5 minutes
Run 2 hours

NormaG

Back to top Go down

Post by shiv Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:05 am

I'm leaving it to the eleventh hour to do this!
Well here goes, my approximate times are as follows

50 mins swim
3 mins T1
3.15 bike
2 mins T2
2.10 Run
Total 6 hours 20 minutes

Don't forget the sunnies looks like its going to be a great day!

shiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:01 am

There should also be a category for how LONNNGGGGG it takes to pack. Have it all done now..only took about 4hrs!!

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 am

UFC101...you're gonna have to identify yourself...or are you leaving that till the big day when you come in on time?

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:12 am

Times entered on behalf of Keith Radley

Swim 33 mins
T1 2mins 30 secs
Cycle 2 hours 45 mins
T2 2mins 30 secs
Run 1 hour 29 mins

Overall 4 hrs 52 mins

Keith

Back to top Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line Empty Time hopefully

Post by UFC101 Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:58 am

SWIM 40:00MIN
T1 3:00MIN
CYCLE 2hr 40min
T2 3:00min
RUN 1hr 57min
TOTAL 5hr 23min

UFC101

Back to top Go down

Post by LambeB Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:15 am

Here goes...

Swim: 43.00
T1: 2.30
Bike: 2.51.30
T2: 1.45
Run: 1.35.30

Total: 5.14.15

....and here's hoping

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerohed Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:24 am

whoops I forgot my socks, add 25secs!

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by copperman Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:09 am

Swim 33 mins
T1 2.5 mins
Cycle 2hrs 50 mins
T2 2 mins
Run 1hr 45 mins
Total 5 hrs 12.5 mins (Although this could be wrong as maths is definitely the weakest part of my triathlon skills)

And yes Martin I will be putting socks on!!!

Although I believe a rule clarification is required here, no dawdling at any stages just to remain on target for estimated times, anyone judged to have been idling should have a 5km run at end!!!! Of course I will have to have final judgement on this!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:05 am

Ok time to nail my colours to the mast!!!

Swim 37 mins 20 secs
T1 2 mins 40 secs
Cycle 2 hours, 58 mins, 20 secs
T2 2 min 10 secs
Run 1 hours, 41 mins, 10 sec

Total : 5hrs, 21mins, 40secs!!!! As long as it's a calm day!

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerohed Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:44 am

Well I Know u have all been waiting for an "ELITES" confused time, so here goes,

SWIM : 29mins 59secs
T1 : 1min 29secs
CYCLE : 2hrs 25mins
T2 : 0.59secs
RUN : 1hr 29mins
Total: 4hrs 27mins 27secs

Aim to swim as fast as possible get a head start on Keith (Flipper Radley)! If Brian is beside me when I come out of swim I will be retiring from the race there and then!! Shocked )

Looking for a tough windy cycle to get the edge on others as cycling is probably my strongest discipline and is where I hope to gain a bit of time.

Need to run 7 min/miles here to prove to myself and others (BarryL) that my goal of doing the same for marathon in Switz next year is still very much possible. (I do have a house and new bike at stake here...)

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Basher Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:05 am

Brian lad have you been to Amsterdam as well, ahh that pure stuff is great! Shocked

Swim- 42min 25sec
T1- 2min 45sec
Bike -2hr 50min
T2-1min 20sec
Run-1hr 40min
Total 5hr 16min 30sec (sure who knows)

So is everyone all set, pints Friday night anyone? drunken

Metal Basher

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:04 am

Swim 50 mins
T1 3 mins
Cycle 3 hrs 10 mins
T2 3 mins
Run 2 hrs 10 mins
Total 6 hrs 16 mins

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by martink Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 am

Brian is this a sprint race? ......Well here goes
Swim- 45min
T1- 3min
Bike -2hr 40min
T2-2min
Run-1hr 40min
Total 5hr.10min? Rolling Eyes

What do you think copperman? do I need to do a bit more tongue
Come on lads dont be shy!

martink

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:47 am

Yes, a few very yellow looking chickens out there at the moment.

looks like I will be the closest unless Brian's dream comes through (or is that the real reason why Una is now coming down to Kenmare...to fit a bike in the back of the car....and to pace him in the run....)

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:25 am

Everyone being a bit shy on this one for some reason.............. notice Mr. Dillon didn't bother to nail his colours to the mast when posting the topic Very Happy

Myself I had a dream about the race last night that must have been a premonition (I've forseen the last 6 grand national winners, 3 christmas number 1's & September 11th but don't like talking about it):

Swim 22 minutes, little bit better than last year - all those laps in splash-world paying off
T1 - 1minute 30 seconds - bit longer than usual due to putting on socks & arm warmers and picking Shane up off the ground when he realises I'm out of the water before him.
Cycle 2 hours 23 minute - only slowing down to give Lance Armstrong style looks to the other two leaders.
T2 - 15 seconds - new course record for T2
Run - 1 hour 14 minutes - disaster strikes in the home straight when stopping to sign autographs results in being caught by two competitors.

Total 4 hours & 45 seconds finishing 3rd behind American Stool pigeon flown in for the race and Batman. Later up-graded to 2nd after Batman fails a random drugs test.

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:31 am

I'll be the 1st to take the challenge and guestimate my times.
There will probably be a big difference between what I hope to do (all going really well, with a lovely flat swim with no tide turn like last year, perfect conditions on the bike with the wind changing as the day goes on to blow me up the healy pass and the caha pass, and my legs finding themselves straight off the bike onto the run with no cramps) and what I will eventually do.

Here's what I hope to do (based on training and my times over the last 2 years)
Swim: 50mins
T1: 5mins 30secs
Bike: 3hrs 30mins (including 1 or 2 pee stops)
T2: 2mins 30secs (including another pee stop)
Run: 2.00hrs

Total: 6hrs 28mins (Feck, that sounds really fast for me!)

But anything under 7hrs and I'm happy!

Helly

Back to top Go down

I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line Empty I'm a Kenmare Celebrity - Get Me to the Finish Line

Post by Dillonger Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 am

And so it comes to pass, the final sea swim took place tonight in advance of Kenmare 09 and now the rest phase kicks in.

Following consultation with the committee of WTC this evening, we have decided to launch; I'm a Kenmare Celebrity, Get Me to the Finish Line. This is a competition with a fabulous prize for the winner.

All you have to do is to predict your splits in Kenmare as follows;

Swim Time
T1 Time
Cycle Time
T2 Time
Run Time

It will add to the fun afterwards no doubt and the prize will be diecided as follows;

1st Nearest Swim Time: 10 Points
2nd Nearest Swim Time: 5 Points
3rd Nearest Swim Time: 2 Points

1st Nearest T1 Time: 10 Points
2nd Nearest T1 Time: 5 Points
3rd Nearest T1 Time: 2 Points

1st Nearest Cycle Time: 10 Points
2nd Nearest Cycle Time: 5 Points
3rd Nearest Cycle Time: 2 Points

1st Nearest T2 Time: 10 Points
2nd Nearest T2 Time: 5 Points
3rd Nearest T2 Time: 2 Points

1st Nearest Run Time: 10 Points
2nd Nearest Run Time: 5 Points
3rd Nearest Run Time: 2 Points

Person with the overall number of points will be deemed the winner.

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down