Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Duathon / Run / Fun day out / Fancy Dress

+3
the little lad
copperman
Aerohed
7 posters

Go down

Club Duathon /  Run /  Fun day out /  Fancy Dress Empty Re: Club Duathon / Run / Fun day out / Fancy Dress

Post by Helly Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:13 am

Thanks to everyone who turned up to our Fancy dress duathlon/5k run/kids run and either participated, marshalled, helped out in some way or even spectated (or ate all the marshmallows...you know who you are.. Shocked ..) It was a great day which was a great success and which everyone really enjoyed. We had Superheroes of all kinds, clowns, roman centurians, King Henry VIII, witches (some who cycled a tandem), princesses, a nun (who a motorist thought was real!) and lots more.
We had about 60 participants in total from our own club, Carrick Tri club, friends and fellow athletes and raised 500euro for the South Tipperary Hospice which was a chatity close to Barry McCarthy who was a member of the Carrick Tri Club who passed away recently. I know there were a few people (chickens!!!) who didn't dress up and who wished they had once they saw everyone else in their outfits. You will get your chance next year as we will do the same again.
And Thanks to Tom Casey who kept everyone entertained with his bagpipes. He was like the pied piper at the start of the race with everyone running after him! He has some lungs on him!

Helly

Back to top Go down

Club Duathon /  Run /  Fun day out /  Fancy Dress Empty Re: Club Duathon / Run / Fun day out / Fancy Dress

Post by Helly Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:08 am

So, has everyone got their costumes picked out for this Saturday in Fenor?? Hopefully the weather will be nice or some of the guys will have a cold breeze up their skirts!

Hope to start around 10.30am so if people could start arriving about 10am it would be great. You'll have a choice of doing the full duathlon or just doing a 5k run (there will also be a 2k run for kids). Family, friends and kids all welcome. Some will be looking on it as a race but more of us will be taking it easy and doing it for fun (that's our excuse for going slow anyway!!)

If anyone is not taking part it would be great if u could offer your services to marshal on the day. We don't need a huge amount of marshals as its only a low key event but the more the better. Not sure how many participants we will have. Marshals can dress up also to blend in!

If anyone is feeling shy, you don't need to dress up (but in case you think you might be the only one there in costume, I can definitely say that that will not be the case as loads of us have our outfits already, just waiting for the day to arrive clown

We are asking for a donation to charity on the day, 5euro seems a fair donation. Kids are free.

Hope to see ye all on Sat. morn.

P.S. Re. Club night out: - Meeting for Bowling at 6.45pm (for those who booked it with me) Drinks/ Food in The Three Shippes pub afterwards. Finger Food will be served at about 9.30pm so make sure you're there by then.

Helly

Back to top Go down

Club Duathon /  Run /  Fun day out /  Fancy Dress Empty X Factor

Post by Dillonger Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:23 am

So yes, this is it!

We will audition for the x factor next year... Roisin on vocals, TC on instrumental, wih Davin, Shane, Dillonger and Slatts on backing vocals... Stefan can be our choreographer and Helly can be out make up artist. Hopefully we can get to the jusges' houses at least and when Louis breaks the news that we're through to the live shows we'll all just go mental. Sorry Dots, you can be our song writer but hope it won't be anything like that md song you made up in the camper in Kenmare Very Happy

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerohed Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:30 am

Very good! All we now it to put it to music...the only 2 musical people I know of in the club would be Roisin O'Grady on vocals and Tom Casey on bagpipes or guitar. I could manage a triangle (not allowed to sing!!)

Could be a good inclusion for Xfactor with all of WTC supporting, humming, dressed in tri gear in the background

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Club Duathon /  Run /  Fun day out /  Fancy Dress Empty '7 seconds' The concept explored

Post by copperman Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:15 am

Yes I know its pathetic and I have more time then sense, but I could not resist the opportunity.

Lyrics to seven seconds away

(Original Chorus)
It's not a second
Seven seconds away
Just as long as I stay
I'll be waiting
It's not a second
Seven seconds away
Just as long as I stay
I'll be waiting
I'll be waiting
I'll be waiting

(WTC Chorus)
You came in second
Seven seconds away
There’s absolutely no way
I’ll be waiting
For any of you
21 km’s is a very long way
For Scadding to follow Dillonger
I’ll be waiting for you
I’ll be waiting for you
I’ll be waiting at the finish!

I would like to clarify that this is in no way a representation of my lyrical ability. Really it is to support the Dillonger. Sorry Scadding but really there is no loyalty in WTC.

I do have a picture in my head of Dilonger drunkenly singing this in his Mankini to Shane, just off for some serious therapy to unravel that one!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:49 pm

I couldn't possibly take the place of Colm Long after he's waited in the wings for years........ Anyway working in Dublin is no obstacle to your club duties with the new motorway in place. You should locate yourself halfway to make the most of the situation. I think a move to Kilkenny would do you good Very Happy

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:16 pm

ha ha Laughing that's brilliant in fairness. Fair play to you Slatts, you dug that one out of the archives!!!

I'm delighted to see that you are so proficient with the computer and with all Information Technology related matters :-) Incidentally Slatts, as I'm based out of the greater Dublin area nowadays, would you be interested in taking a more active role in the running of our website and in taking over the PRO role of the club? I think you are made for it to be honest, you have on more than one occasion shown us how honed you are on all PC related matters Twisted Evil so would you be interested in taking over the role with a dotted line reporting relationship to myself? Razz I could give you the software and load it all on your PC no problem at all Very Happy What do you think Slatts? Rolling Eyes

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Club Duathon /  Run /  Fun day out /  Fancy Dress Public11

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerohed Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:11 am

It must have been a mankini u were wearing in Kenmare, when u beat an old man! Very Happy Fair play to u for not mentioning the 7sec referance eveytime u go on line! confused your modesty astounds me silent No, really fairplay to u I hope I can return the compliment in the near future Evil or Very Mad If my dodgery old body is up to it we can go head to head in Fenor! Old man vs Mankini boy, don't forget to wax the bikini line so not to scare the old and children! affraid

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Well all I can say is that the use of a mankini will improve your half marathon run time by about 7 seconds! Smile

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Club Duathon /  Run /  Fun day out /  Fancy Dress Empty Mankinis?

Post by copperman Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Ok lets not kid ourselves here if all top athletes were breaking records in mankinis then within two years you would all be on this forum supporting their use!!! You know you would! So fair play Dillonger that you have put MAN in mankini! Lead from the front!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:53 am

I can confirm that Dillonger is in possession of my mankini and has undergone the painful but necessary waxing procedure needed to wear it.

I'm sure there will be an influx of new members once this news gets out..............

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:16 am

He must have borrowed it from Slatts Razz I make a rule of it not to borrow mankinis from anyone. Or bodyglide from Spins pale
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by the little lad Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:22 am

i herd dillonger has a mankini for the duathlon haha....... Suspect

the little lad

Back to top Go down

Post by copperman Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Any excuse to put a wig on huh!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Club Duathon /  Run /  Fun day out /  Fancy Dress Empty Club Duathon / Run / Fun day out / Fancy Dress

Post by Aerohed Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:38 am

Hi All,

FUN! FUN! FUN!

With almost 90 members in the club, I hope there will be a good turnout for our club duathlon and 5k run on Sat 31st Oct. Halloween!! affraid As you can see from the poster on the home page, we hope that people will come along in Fancy dress for the laugh but if you are shy or want to take the race seriously you can participate in proper sports/tri gear. Will also have a 1.5k run/walk for kids and parents etc. (doesn't have to be halloween theme)

Either way, it will be a fun training session and a great kickstart to the winter season. Entry fee is by way of donation to a chartity (to be decided). All friends and family and kids welcome to take part. Starts at 10.30am in Fenor.

Then, later on that evening we will have our club night out. Still working on the final details so will let ye know this week.

If anyone doesn't want to participate or is injured and doesn't want to miss out on all the fun, we will need people to volunteer to marshal on the day, (also an excuse to dress up in fancy dress) clown

Hope to see ye all there. I have my outfit picked out already...

lol!

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down