Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mint Tri Training

4 posters

Go down

Mint Tri Training Empty Re: Mint Tri Training

Post by Slatts Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 pm

maeveyr wrote:Hi I'm also looking for someone to do swim part of relay if possible ! Iv paid for individual race and licence is there much hassle in changing it?

There's no hassle changing once you get a swimmer - just send an email to info@waterford-triathlon.com to inform the race director. You only need one licence per team so just need to make up the difference between the individual and team entry prices

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by maeveyr Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi I'm also looking for someone to do swim part of relay if possible ! Iv paid for individual race and licence is there much hassle in changing it?

maeveyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:08 am

Hi Ellen

We have a swimmer for you. If you are on facebook you can send her a message - the tread looking for a swimmer is here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151105142982122&id=216304062121¬if_t=feed_comment

If you're not on facebook just send me your contact details in a private message on the forum and I'll pass them on to Brianne

Slatts

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by EllenS Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Cheers!

Without Trisuit and only 4 weeks to go I dont think so :-(

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:31 pm

EllenS wrote:Is there anyone around that would like to do a relay? Swim is my weakness!

Hi Ellen

I'll put out the request on the facebook page to see if we can get a swimmer.

You still have plenty of time to master it anyway:D

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by EllenS Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 am

Is there anyone around that would like to do a relay? Swim is my weakness!

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin102 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:35 am

Anybody fancy a run or cycle before or after the dip tomorrow in Dunmore??

Sin102

Back to top Go down

Post by EllenS Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 am

It would have to be before 8am for me too when I am on my early shift. The long cycle for me would have to be at the weekends and the sea swim.

I have a plan made out it's only for 8 weeks but here's hoping I can give it a lash. After all, its only going to be a bit of UNUSUAL fun for me!

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin102 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:55 am

I'd be up for early morning stuff too, it would have to be very early though as I start work at 8am or before mon - fri.

Sin102

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:45 am

maeveyr wrote:it was impressive but the swim looks much longer than I thought! Will be a challenge!I work shiftwork so on every 2nd weekend but would go the weekends im off. Id also consider early morning groups if needs be!!

Don't get too stressed out about the swim, the water is always way calmer in dunmore than any of the other beaches in co. waterford due to the nature of the bay and it's also actually fairly shallow... That's why we originally picked dunmore to hold the Tri there 6 years ago. Remember it's all just a bit of fun at the end of the day :-)

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by maeveyr Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:55 pm

it was impressive but the swim looks much longer than I thought! Will be a challenge!I work shiftwork so on every 2nd weekend but would go the weekends im off. Id also consider early morning groups if needs be!!

maeveyr

Back to top Go down

Post by EllenS Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 am

I was so impressed with watching the tri in Dunmore East today that I can't wait to give it a go.

Would certainly like to train with a group, weekends are best for me as I work odd hours during the week.

Lets try get the ball rolling here!

I can't make Wednesday Swims in Dunmore thats my fear now so will need to work on this!

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin102 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 am

The Wednesday swims are great in Dunmore. It was lovely down there this evening, no waves, a nice crowd and plenty of chatting!

Sin102

Back to top Go down

Post by maeveyr Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:38 am

Hi,
I plan on doing triathlon too. Would definately be up for beginners group training sessions also!

maeveyr

Back to top Go down

Post by EllenS Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:51 am

I would certainly enjoy a group training session for newbies!!

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin102 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:38 am

Its half the battle knowing the course. I haven't done the town bit yet but really like the country bit. Cant wait to spot Woodies on the way in the Tramore Rd! Heard today that we will be going into the RSC by the entrance accross from PC World instead of going around to the Cork Rd side, happy days!!!

Training plans...no idea, any suggestions? I would love to meet up with a group of like minded newbies if anybody was willing???

The wetsuit i got was €215, there was a cheaper one which as €175 but that one didnt fit me as well. I've only worn it once since but didnt feel one bit cold in the sea which is super because I'm not a big fan of the cold :-)

Sin102

Back to top Go down

Post by EllenS Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 am

Looking forward to getting it bit apprehensive about using it....that childhood fearlessness has certainly left me!

What kind of training plan are you hoping to do for the Tri? Are you training with a group?

What prices should I be prepared for to purchase a wetsuit?

Tapering feels great on the body...u enjoying the marathon course?

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin102 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:27 am

I'm going for the full as well. Delighted to be at taper time! Roll on the 30th!!

Are you excited about your new bike? I got a wet suit last week in Alfies. It was a workout in itself trying them on! I wouldn't go past Alfies, always so helpful and reasonable prices too. If they dont have the size you need they'll get it for you and call you when it arrives.

Sin102

Back to top Go down

Post by EllenS Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:42 am

Full Marathon is on the agenda starting to taper the training now so the countdown is on. Are you doing the full or half?

Unfortunately for me I do shift work so I find it hard to get to the open water swims. Swimming would certainly be my weakest point. Saying that though I haven't been on a bike since I was a child, just waiting for the shop to get it in at the moment. I would really love to try this Tri but I am a bit worried with only 8 weeks of cycle and swim training, plus have not invested in wet suit either.

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin102 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 am

Hi EllenS,

I've never done one before and am also running the Viking but I'm going to chance the tri in Sept. The bike is parked up inside the front door with cobwebs on it but will be going hell for leather now after the 30th. Thats the plan anyway. The swiming is my big problem as I discovered last Monday but I'd love to do a triathalon so am going to give it a lash. Are you going to do the full marathon? Hows the training going?

Sin102

Back to top Go down

Mint Tri Training Empty Mint Tri Training

Post by EllenS Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 am

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering is there any first timers hoping to do this triathlon, after they have done the marathon on the 30th in Waterford?

There will only be 8 weeks left after the marathon to train for the swim and cycle... would I be mad to chance this??

All replies welcomed......

Thanks

EllenS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down