Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ironman training schedulle

2 posters

Go down

Ironman training schedulle Empty Ironman training schedulle

Post by Kieran Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi all.

I'm quite new to all this 'going long' business. I have no training schedule to follow. I've looked at some on the web but have no idea which are the most suitable. I have no idea what distances I should be covering in each discipline at this point, six months before the big day.

Any suggestions of plans I could follow?

Kieran.

Kieran

Back to top Go down

Ironman training schedulle Empty Re: Ironman training schedulle

Post by Slatts Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:48 am

There didn't seem to be any one answer to this one when we chatted about it at the ironman meet up / support group / AA meeting night we had before christmas. Generally people were doing one long swim, bike and run a week or a long brick session instead of long bike once a month or so.

Tom Casey had a good plan that built up each month with the bike reaching 100 miles by about May i think.

The bike distances ranged from 4 x 100 mile cycles prior to the race to Shanes plan of 100miles 3 times a week as soon as the clocks to forward Very Happy

We should orgainise another chat over the next few weeks to get a bit more training going for when the weather improves a bit

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieran Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:45 am

Nice one Slatts. Good idea.

Could someone send me a contact detail for Tom please? I don't have a huge amount of time for training and so love to have a plan to stick to. I find it easier to schedule definite distances/times into my week than ad hoc.

All suggestions will be very welcome indeed!!

K.

Kieran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down