Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training weekend Kenmare

Go down

Training weekend Kenmare Empty Training weekend Kenmare

Post by Aerohed Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:35 am

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anybody would be up for a training weekend in Kenmare, over the Paddy's weekend as it is a long one? (17th, 18th & 19th March)

A typical itinary could include:- Arrive Friday evening (talk about weekend and what people would like from it i.e if training for first sprint race, training for Olympic, Half, IM, nutrition, programmes etc..... (weekend aimed at begginers and the more experienced alike)

Saturday morning run, various distances to suit individuals i.e 10k, 15k & 21k
Saturday afternoon short cycle, the more experienced athletes in the club giving advice to others about cycle technique, programmes etc...
Saturday evening dinner in the house's & a bit of banter!!!!

Sunday cycle, various distances to suit individuals, maybe 50k, 90k (kenmare route) & 160k (Ring of Kerry loop & our annual Paddy's day spin!!! affraid )
Anybody feeling up to it could do a run after for good measure!!! Shocked

Sunday evening head to the pubs to celebrate the Paddy's weekend & undo the good you have done over the weekend lol! Oh and obviusly eat!!

Monday head home and back to reality! Crying or Very sad

If anybody is interested please couldyou get back to me a.s.a.p so the club can organise accomadation!!!

There will hopefully be another club training weekend on the June Bank Holiday which will be similar to this but will incorporate some swimming!

Aerohed

Back to top Go down