Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Ironman - Tramore 17th July 2011

Go down

Half Ironman - Tramore 17th July 2011 Empty Half Ironman - Tramore 17th July 2011

Post by Yvonne-Carrick Fri May 06, 2011 5:30 am

Hi,

Yvonne from Carrick tri here, my training plan requires a Half IronMan on Sunday 17th July 2011.... So I am organising my own (training only, not club sanctioned event)

The plan:
Date = 17th July 2011
Start time = to be confirmed
Swim = 1.9k Tramore Beach, ideally a two lap course where you will exit water & round a marker.
Bike = 90k Orchardstown road - N25 to Dungarvan - back the coast road
Run = 13.1mile - either a looped course in Tramore, or into Kingfisher and back to beach.

The cost:
maybe 10euro to pay someone to watch our bikes or provide kayak cover, or a water stop on run! This is just a provisional suggestion, i dont want this to cost anything, but i dont see how else i'll con my brother into minding my bike Smile

I will be doing this event by myself anyway. It is always more motivating with others, and a race like set up would do me good. So let me know if you are interested in joining me for all, or part of. Note that you can cut bike leg shorter via bonmahon ~60k....or any other distance along road...there will not be any rules!

Thanks
Yvonne

Yvonne-Carrick

Back to top Go down