Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Clarification for Ironman Switzerland

4 posters

Go down

Rule Clarification for Ironman Switzerland Empty Rule Clarification for Ironman Switzerland

Post by Slatts Thu May 13, 2010 5:58 am

I'm gutted..................

After a successful premiere in 2009, the referee program is maintained. Since last year, some athletes do not respect the rules, the referee will intervene in the year 2010 much stricter. Keep you from making any unnecessary rule violations, we will ask you to read the rules. Here you get a little Refreshment of the most important points:

For all participants to wear wet suits mandatory.
• Minimum distance cycling is 10 m. Moreover, is strict in right direction.
• After each card (including a yellow card), the athlete at the next stop Penaltybox, which are located on the circuit and on the run course.
• Red card = disqualification
• Black card or second = yellow card six minutes Penaltybox
• Yellow card = stop and sign in the Penaltybox
• A red, two black and all combinations of any three cards mean disqualification. Who does not Penaltybox visits will be disqualified.
• Headphones are prohibited during the race and lead to disqualification.

translated from ze german

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Rule Clarification for Ironman Switzerland Empty Re: Rule Clarification for Ironman Switzerland

Post by kc Thu May 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Im with Slatts, just when you need a challange they make you wear a wetsuit, damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Ah well rules are rules. Did anybody understand the rest about all the cards?????????

kc

Back to top Go down

Rule Clarification for Ironman Switzerland Empty Re: Rule Clarification for Ironman Switzerland

Post by Slatts Fri May 14, 2010 3:30 am

I'm fairly fuzzy on the cards as well, however I'll be playing on the edge and trying my best get the rest of ye booked. I've heard I quick word in Barry Lambe's ear will have him losing the rag and trying to punch the head off me before we hit the water, instant red card.

Giving Scadding a wide birth with his record of being involved in fights in triathlons though Very Happy

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerohed Fri May 14, 2010 4:09 am

Who Me??!! Smile

I hope we get a huge heatwave before then to heat the water up so we can swim without the wetsuits... Twisted Evil

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 am

Lads, I've looked at the card system and this is my interpretation;

1) If you get a yellow card, you have to stop at the next penalty box and sign in and then go on ahead.
2) If you get a second yellow card, you will have to stop at the next penalty box after that but this time you'll have to sign in again but also stop and wait there for six minutes.
3) If you get a straight black card, you will have to stop at the next penalty box after that and you'll have to sign in and also stop and wait there for six minutes.
4) If you get a straight red card, you'll be disqualified.
5) If you get a second black card, you'll be disqualified.
6) If you get a third yellow card, you'll be disqualified.
7) If you get two yellows and a black, you'll be disqualified.

Interestly, for those who want to live on the edge, It looks like you'll be able to get a yellow and a black and not get disqualified.

So what they don't give you here are examples of why they would give you a card, but again, this is my interpretation;

1) If you punch someone in the face at the first buoy, there will be no card applied.
2) If you steal somebody's gel out of their pocket with 2 miles to go in the run, it'll be a yellow, so basically you'll be able to steal up to two gels on the course without getting disqualified.
3) If you pass a fellow Waterford Tri athlete with a mile to go, it'll be a black, so you'll also be able to rob their gel as well and not get disqualified, and hope that there is no penalty box in the last mile in which case you'll be laughing.
4) If you wear a one piece, it'll be a straight red.

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down