Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waterford Adventure Race

+3
Spins
copperman
shiv
7 posters

Go down

Waterford Adventure Race Empty Re: Waterford Adventure Race

Post by mac Fri May 28, 2010 6:00 am

Let's not forget John Brennen (or Brannan as he went by) 20th place 4hr15mins cheers Great day out, well worth doing next year.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Fri May 28, 2010 3:17 am

Congratulations to the 3 club members who, while we were lolling about in Valentia, were enduring the scorching sun for over 4hrs in the Waterford Adventure race. Between running, cycling and kayaking, it was over 62k.

Siobhan Dunphy finished 18th overall (out of 100), 3rd lady, in 4hrs 13mins.
Aidan McCarthy finished 30th overall in 4hrs 28mins
Kieran Eaton finished 46th overall in 4rhs 43mins.

Race report can be found on;
http://www.sleepmonsters.ie/racereport.php?page_action=rep&race_id=8353&article_id=6572

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieran Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 am

Im in!!!

My first race as a member of the club. Bet you thought it would never happen.

K.

Kieran

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed May 12, 2010 7:04 am

As far as I know this race is still open so come on everybody lets hit the west of the county with a bang!!! Any bother I'd imagine if you contacted Tony O Mahony at the bike shop he'd sort you out

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieran Tue May 11, 2010 8:42 am

I'm confused. I'm a Dub so to me the sugarloaf is in wicklow. Is that thing we have to run up once we get to the vee? That's the one that looks a bit steep to me. The cycle bit is grand, I just hope it's not raining it's so exposed.

Anyway, should be fun and hopefully a good training day for me at least!

K.

Kieran

Back to top Go down

Waterford Adventure Race Empty Waterford Adventure Race

Post by shiv Tue May 11, 2010 7:12 am

Hi Kieran
The Vee is steep (not half as steep as the Sugarloaf though!) have cycled it a few times it does level off in parts which is good, pretty exposed though so hopefully it won;t be too windy on the day Wink I'm going to rent a kayak from Tony the rece organiser but thanks for the offer
Will see you on the morning, Looking forward to it, good luck with rest of training

shiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieran Tue May 11, 2010 12:18 am

Hi Shiv.

I'm hoping to do the Waterford Adventure Race. Might well see you there. Cycled up to the Vee yesterday to have a look at the hill climb. Have you seen it? It's kind of steep... The spin to Lismore on the bike is lovely although a very rough surface for the first few miles. If you do happen to be stuck for a kayak, I have several, although the general purpose ones are disappearing fast and furious, I've only one left. I have a few race specific ones but you'd need to fairly competent to use one of them as stability and steering become a big issue if you're not used to them.

Should be a fun day out, though.

Kieran.

Kieran

Back to top Go down

Waterford Adventure Race Empty waterford adventure race

Post by shiv Sun May 09, 2010 4:19 am

Thanks a mil for for the good wishes and the offer of the Kayak, much appreciated, though I hope to get a tandum Kayak for the event, float down stream and enjoy the scenary of the blackwater river while partner does all the hard work Very Happy
Cheers!

shiv

Back to top Go down

Post by copperman Sat May 08, 2010 1:49 am

POINT PROVEN!!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Sat May 08, 2010 1:40 am

copperman wrote:Thats a shame shiv I would dfinitely have done that, may be next year. Just sold my K1 though, I do have a really old one somewhere if you want to borrow it? As to inappropriate posts where did you get that idea from? If that were the case Slatts would never post anything!

Indeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k7vQEuoXkE&feature=related

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Sat May 08, 2010 1:36 am

That's the first I heard of it. Pity it wasn't advertised more as I know a good few mates who would have been interested. Me too, had I known. Good luck with the event though. Hopefully it'll be on next year and I'll defo give it a go.

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by copperman Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Thats a shame shiv I would dfinitely have done that, may be next year. Just sold my K1 though, I do have a really old one somewhere if you want to borrow it? As to inappropriate posts where did you get that idea from? If that were the case Slatts would never post anything!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Waterford Adventure Race Empty Waterford Adventure Race

Post by shiv Fri May 07, 2010 6:47 am

If anyone is interested in completing the Waterford Adventure Race just to know that closing is this weekend (I know it's a triathlon forum but for thoes of us whom swimming is not the best it's great!) Check it out on waterfordadventurerace.com

shiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down