Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Paddys day spin"

+10
DaveD
steve
LambeB
Metal Basher
Marco
martink
Spins
Pio
Slatts
Aerohed
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Paddys day spin" Empty Re: "Paddys day spin"

Post by copperman Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:31 am

Some spin! Glad pump worked, would have been bad PR if it hadn't!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by emmk Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm

The Paddys day spin when ahead yesterday.
7 members in total Darryl,Dave,Jim B,Stephen,Mark H,Mark D and me.
Leaving Tramore at just after 7 to top garage with only one puncture in the first 5 min we were on for a good day.
Coppermans gas brought me back and we were on the road. One stop in Clonmel on route helped a fellow cyclist
who broke a pump.
Two seperate angry dogs doddged and up the Vee. The normal string of cyclists finding their pace.
Great climb with talk of TTing up it and at the top best sham cream to use for cycling.
Down to Cappoquin where we almost could of been in the parade if we waited 5 min.
All in team gear of course.
Second stop above Dungarven was full of Blaa's, rolls all sorts of fillings ranging from tuna to chicken and wedges.
Coke always welcome, it was there that some members clocked their longest cycle ever and we were still only 60km
from home and the pike to climb. The group stayed together all the way back at a good pace.
We must of cycled around the rain and hail that fell around the county.
Great to have the the spin under our belts. The last 10km are always the hardest especially if you live in Tramore.
A few people ran off the bike.
Special congrats to Mark H who said he hadnt been cycling since November 2010 other than a week in November 2011 and was a beast on the bike. Seen at the front all the time. I think thats why Stephen asked him.
The Big names in the club were missed for their pace and strength and they knew the way, we might have got lost or taken a shorter route if not for Jim. Dungarven but 175km+ by the time we were back in Tramore.
Someone might put up the break down of the spin.

emmk

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:13 am

im game, tramore at 7.30, top garage

steve

Back to top Go down

Post by MDS Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 am

I'll be there at 7.30 also. Leaving Pickardstown garage at 7ish.

MDS

Back to top Go down

Post by Darryl Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:37 am

I'll be there for 7:30 weather permitting. Not sure if I last 5/6 hours though. Can we keep it all flat or downhill? Sad

Darryl

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveD Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:00 am

Im on for tomorrow morning as early as possible (weather permitting) If we say 7:30 from the Top garage is that suits people.
Im happy enough to let the locals select the route being a Carlow man and all that Very Happy

DaveD

Back to top Go down

Post by emmk Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Right I am on for the spin and dont care where we go.
But someone who dose care should make a call on it so we can meet up
and have a route. Do we have numbers then?

emmk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveD Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:47 am

I like the sound of that Spins, the money's already in the saddle bag just in case! Laughing

DaveD

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:04 am

The Paddys Day spin two years ago was 'nice' too, up to Enniscorthy, Bunclody, UP OVER MOUNT LEINSTER, New Ross, Home, Pints, Tayto, Chinese Takeaway, Leaba Very Happy

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:27 am

social all the way...can i just suggest we avoid the main N25 and pick something scenic..We were up in Wicklow mountains a couple of years ago (part of the wicklow 200 course), or the route we took last year was pretty good (Waterford-Carrick-Clonmel-Ardfinnan-Clogheen-UP AND OVER THE VEE-via Cappoquin, Dungarvan, home (some back out to Tramore)..

steve

Back to top Go down

Post by MDS Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 am

Im up for a nice social 5-6 hr outing on saturday. Any suggestions on a route?. What time are we talking? Leave Tramore at 7.30 town at 8?

MDS

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:06 am

Are we talking group spin on road bikes, chatting, stopping for coffee, cake, mars bars etc every 20 miles or are we talking world of pain on TT bikes, sweat in your eyes trying not to let the fu@ker in front of you out of sight while you slowly castrate yourself type cycle????

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by emmk Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 pm

I would be on for a long spin affraid

emmk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveD Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:32 am

Well Stephen, a few of us are planning a long cycle (5-6hours) Paddy's day. Time hasn't been agreed but the plan is to head off early (about 7am!) Keep an eye on the forum should be decided in the next day or two.

DaveD

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:29 am

Any talk of a Paddies Day 100miler this year?? Not doing an ironman but defo up for the challenge..If it's going to hurt it may aswell be while doing 100miles..

steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerohed Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:48 am

All the mighty men have returned intact! All flying!

Route: Waterford-Carrick-Clonmel-Ardfinnan-Clogheen-UP AND OVER THE VEE-via Cappoquin, Dungarvan, home (some back out to Tramore)

We had 13 in total at the garage this morning. Stephen B, Mark D, Barry L, Martin K, Pio, Dots, Emmet K, myself, Marc O'C, Brian S, Gavin, Stephen D, Jim Baldwin. (All the Tramore gang were late arriving as Stephen D. was still half asleep getting ready this morn managing to forget and having to return for everything!)

As Martin said, Barry did a unique circus performance on the bike (a bit of a combination of a front wheel "wheelie" with Evil Knevil styles) as he managed to stay on his bike when most would have fallen off.

1st stop: Carrick (just a quick pee stop..) Mark D & Stephen B. headed back to Tramore at this stage to be home for parade/family etc.

2nd Stop: Clonmel: Had tee/coffee/food (obvioulsy a clean drinking water shortage here as we had to buy water from the garage!) Barry & Martin turned around here as they were stuck for time.

UP and over the VEE: Fabulous scenery, it was the 1st time I'd been up there, not sure whether it was the scenery or hills that took my breath away! The climb must be about 6 or 7k long. Stopped at top for more food and drink.

3rd stop: Dungarvan: Major food stop! Thanks to Dots & Gavin who bought a load of sausage rolls for everyone (which have now moved into the super food bracket). Lots of coke also. Brian had lettuce or a carrot or something as he is veggie...

The sausage rolls obviously hit the spot as we all absolutley flew home from Dungarvan, the pace picked up to over 21+mph once over the pike with lots of time trialling!

"King of the Descents" has to go to Dots (followed closely by Marc O'C) as they showed no fear!

Avg speed: 18mph approx, Total distance: 101 - 112 miles. Total time: 6hrs 20min approx

Well done to everyone on the first 100miler of the year. Everyone finished really strong and looking good for future long cycles..

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by martink Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 am

Big turn out today, myself and Barry turned back in Clonmel after the tea break (nice cup of tea Marco) Barry needed to calm the nerves after a close call with the tarmac, nice bike handling! Took in a couple of climbs on the way back 70 miles in total for me. We await the report of the mighty men of the club cheers

martink

Back to top Go down

Post by martink Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 am

I can do blow up as good as anyone, believe me lol! see ye in the morning Very Happy

martink

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 am

I know, LambeB - sure we're all worried sick about him!

The Tramore bus departs Maxol 8.10 sharp - all aboard cheers
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by LambeB Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

Yeah Marco, surely you've seen how poor Martin's been cycling in recent races?

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Post by martink Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 am

Not this time Marco, its been a while since i did even 50 miles. I think if I went for the 100 I would be calling the recovery truck Rolling Eyes Smile

martink

Back to top Go down

Post by LambeB Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:20 pm

I need to be back around 1pm so might have to cut it short with the others

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Might not be up for the 100 either considering the most I've done since Switzerland is 65. 75 sounds like a nice number to me..... although, we'll see on the day.....

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Basher Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Martin, won't be heading out on the Thursday but was planning on doing 60-70 on the Friday?

Anyone else interested in this?

Metal Basher

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:52 am

You say that now, Martin, but I remember the Sean Kelly two years ago..... Twisted Evil
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next