Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Cycle

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Cycle Empty Sunday Cycle

Post by roco71 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:37 am

Hi All, Just want to say thanks to all for the welcome last Sunday, enjoyed my first spin since the Sean Kelly last year. Thanks to Michael & Anna Louise for the good company. Regards Bob.

roco71

Back to top Go down

Sunday Cycle Empty Re: Sunday Cycle

Post by emmk Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Interesting cycle and some lessons learned

Cycling in a large group and especially when your up the front make sure your bottle stays in the cage. When it jumped out first I thought dam and when I realised about the time of the shouting started that people were behind me I thought O DEAR.
But luckily Dot’s survived and everyone else.

Its good practise to inspected your bike every once in a while, tighten what may be lose.
Little things like making sure your front derailleur is secure before it ends up in your front crank. 42.8km

Bring mobile phone

Carry tools or cycle with people who do allowing you to limp home or till collected.

Dont end a cycle or anything annoyed if not injured get back out there and you will be surprised how far it takes you to calm down. Tramore to New Ross 37.2km. Cycling home in a group is always easier than alone 37.7 km. By the time you get home your more tired than annoyed Sleep

Be nice to your girlfriend, wife or partner. You may have to be picked up if something goes wrong and they might have to be called again to pick up a friend.

Thanks All
117.7km on two bikes with a short break bring on the 160km

emmk

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 am

A big shout out to Emmet's better half, Celine, who rescued not one, but two triathletes from mechanical failure - and she didn't even own one of us! Thanks for the spin home!
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerohed Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:01 am

The miles were increased today as some did their longest cycle so far this year. A bit chilly at first as the frost was melting but turned warm as the day went on.

There were 16 of us heading off (Myslef, Dots, Tom C, Mark D, Stephen B, David Devine, Marc O'C, Brian S, Emmet K, Peter B, Ger H, Darryl, Stefan, Pio, Ian Walsh (& Stan from Carrick Tri).

We went to Fiddown, Templeorum, Knocktopher, Thomastown, Graige, Rower, New Ross & Home.

Disaster struck Emmet just after Fiddown as his front mech broke so he had to get a lift home. He was very keen though and got out his TT bike and cycled to New Ross to meet up with us for the return home.

Tom C. had to turn back at bottom of Templeorum as he was getting his pipes tuned at 12pm. Smile

Mark D, Stephen B, Stan & David D. turned for home at Knocktopher with the rest of us carrying on. Some of us did 82 miles in total (including out to Tramore & Back), others avg. 75miles.

Avg speed 17.5mph.

In the other group, Michael Carroll was the pro among 2 "Sunday spin first-timers", Anna Louise Muldoon & Bob Cowman. They went to Piltown (where Anna Louise & Bob turned home as they haven't done much cycling) and Michael carried on to Owning, Carrick, Portlaw & home. About 50miles.

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Sunday Cycle Empty Sunday Cycle

Post by emmk Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:47 am

I take it we are cycling tomorrow 9:30 Top and 9:05 Tramore Crew maxol.
If Barry Lamb shows up we will have great weather.
If not at least it will be charictor building cycle Smile

emmk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down