Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Cycle

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Cycle Empty Re: Sunday Cycle

Post by Aerohed Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:23 am

Another great turnout for our cycle this Sunday. Had 12 club members (myself, Martin K, Pio, Dots, Peter Barry, John Power, Tom Casey, Ger Hearne, Stephen Doyle, Martin Flynn, Olive Costello & Norma Goggin). Also had 6 Carrick members (Donal Jacob, Stan Power, David Grace, Brianne Mulvihill, Catherine Browne & Shane Molloy)

We all stayed together until the Pike (apart from Dots as he got puncture on his tubular wheels so had to ring for a lift home). Martin Flynn, Olive & Norma turned around at the Pike and came home the same road (stopping for coffee & hot choc in Lemybrien!!)
The rest of us came home the coast road so we broke up into smaller groups with Peter Barry storming along.

Also met Stephen Butler & Mark Daly on their way home as they went out earlier and met John McDonald who had broken his chain so also had to ring for lift home.

I would advise checking your tyres to make sure they are good quality for the winter as we seem to be getting loads of punctures over the last few weeks.

We will have our Club Duathlon next Sunday (in Butlerstown) so prob. won't be many cycling

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:39 am

Going mad now I'm such a lazy SOB Sad
Sounds brilliant, I'm gonna have to get myself barred from Geoffs on Saturday nights.
As the fish said when he swam in to a wall, Damn, damn and double damn!

Spins

Back to top Go down

Sunday Cycle Empty Sunday Cycle

Post by Aerohed Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 am

Just back from the Sunday spin, one of the best club spins I have been on this year. 13 of us (plus Stan Power from Carrick) despite the frosty conditions, all dressed in club gear, looked very impressive.

Myself, Martin K, Pio, Brian S. Marc O'C. John Power, John McDonald, Ger Hearne, Mark Daly, Ian Kelly, Martin Flynn, Louis & Dots - welcome back Dots after your long absence. (Many of our usual crowd were missing this morn so it was an excellent turnout!)
We all stayed together until the top of the Pike (about 20miles) then split into 2 groups. Our group did approx 60 miles avg. 17.3mph so nice and handy. The other group did about 40 miles avg about 16mph.
Hopefully these groups will get bigger as time goes on. We plan to keep things handy until xmas so now is the time to come out for the social chat (about XFactor!) Very Happy

Aerohed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down