Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Kelly Cycle Tour

+3
MDS
ocos
Helly
7 posters

Go down

Sean Kelly Cycle Tour Empty HELP NEEDED from Sean Kelly cyclists

Post by LambeB Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 am

Hi folks

Do you mostly drive to work, shops or the pub instead of cycling?

A couple of us in WIT are doing a research study on this topic. We have interviewed loads of cyclists who DO cycle for transport but haven't interviewed any cyclists who DON'T cycle for transport.

So, if you don't cycle for transport, if you've done the Sean Kelly Tour over the last couple of years and if you could spare 30mins to do a telephone interview with myself or someone from WIT, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Maybe you could send me your number by emailing me at blambe@wit.ie

Thanks a mill folks

Barry

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Sean Kelly Cycle Tour Empty Re: Sean Kelly Cycle Tour

Post by Helly Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Yes, Well done to everyone who took part. Among those seen out and about were

(On the 160k) Olive Costello, Martin K, Norma Goggin, Michael Carroll, Siobhan Kennedy, Tom Casey, Mark Hayden, Colin Fanning, Noel Ryan, Paul Wyse, Siobhan Dunphy, Michael Moloney, Pierre de Leastar, Omar Al-Hadeedi, Ger Hearne, Catherine Galvin, Barry Lambe (with his Dad), Andrew Hickey

(On the 90k) Jenny Kervick, Margo O'Dowd, Edwina Butler, Martin Flynn, Shane McDonagh, Davin Power, Annette O'Mahony, Derek Barrett, Mark Daly

(on the 50k) Carol Sinnott (with her Dad)

(Hope I didn't miss anyone...)

Well done to Mark Hayden who had trouble with his gears and, having never been up Seskin hill before, thought he would be ok to do it in the Big ring...he did do it in Big Ring but said he nearly go sick by the time he got to the top!

And Thanks to Katie Kelly who was helping with the whole organisation of the day and spent hours and hours packing bags & registration etc. over the weekend

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norma Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 am

Well done to all Waterford Tri members who took part in the Sean Kelly cycles today (and yesterday!). Thanks to all the gang on the 160km for a really enjoyable day - great cycling and great company Smile

Norma

Back to top Go down

Post by Norma Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:13 am

Olive C, Martin K, Michael, Siobhan kennedy and I are meeting at the 'start' area near the sports centre at 7.45, so that we can be on the road at 8

Norma

Back to top Go down

Post by kc Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 pm

That 8 am start sounds good to me. Where are we going to meet in Dungarvan? I was talking to Colin Fanning who is doing it ,anyone else out there want to meet up and take it steady for the day.

kc

Back to top Go down

Post by shiv Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:48 am

I've signed up for the 160km also. Plan to leave before official start to get ahead of the carnage that will ensue up the Pike with 1200 cyclists all trying to race up the hill! There are a few of us from Dungarvan CC leaving the square at 8.00am if anyone wants to meet us there

shiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Norma Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:13 am

I've signed up for the 160km and so have Siobhan Kennedy and Michael Carroll. We're thinking of heading off before the official start (around 8am), but will be meeting up at the starting spot if anyone else wants to join us.

Norma

Back to top Go down

Post by kc Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am

Ive signed up for the 160, so its the 2 of us at the moment Mark.

kc

Back to top Go down

Post by MDS Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:14 am

Derek Barret and Mark Daly signed up for 100k

MDS

Back to top Go down

Post by ocos Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:05 am

Ive signed up for the 160k Shocked

Hopeing and praying that the 'training co-ordinator' is not working next weekend - will need all the help I can get!!

ocos

Back to top Go down

Sean Kelly Cycle Tour Empty seankellytour

Post by E.Mac Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi, Yes Margo, Jenny and Edwina doing 100km.

E.Mac

Back to top Go down

Sean Kelly Cycle Tour Empty Sean Kelly Cycle Tour

Post by Helly Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:32 am

For anyone interested, the final date for entry to the Sean Kelly tour is tomorrow (Friday 20th). No entries on the day. Options of 100k or 160k (or 50k for those who want an easy day out!) A good day out with nice food stops...

See www.theseankellytour.com for more details.

Has anyone entered this already? Can you reply here (and say what distance) so people will know who to look out for or maybe arrange to meet up with on the day as there will be over 2000 cyclists...

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down