Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cycle Saturday 12th

5 posters

Go down

Cycle Saturday 12th Empty Cycle Saturday 12th

Post by kc Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Hey this forum is gone very quiet, whats going on? Anyway I am going for a cycle on Saturday morning early, 7 or 8 because I have to get back for my brothers 50th in the afternoon (old Codger) and thats the end of partying for a while. I am planning to do the route Mike Bowes suggested that is Dungarvan, Cappaquin, The Vee, Clogheen ,Ardfinnan , Clonmel Carrick and back towards Kilmeaden home. From Waterford to Waterfor is 100 miles and if you turn at Tramore cross on the way home and go to Tramore and home it gives you about 110 miles. Im going anyway and as i only have the one bike I will have the tri bars on anyway, so no decisions for me. If anyone else is interested we could go for a spin or else TT it and meet for coffee somewhere again. Would like to go for the 7 start if possible. Any takers. Oh im not going to the Wicklow 200, and not sure if anyone else is.

kc

Back to top Go down

Cycle Saturday 12th Empty Re: Cycle Saturday 12th

Post by Spins Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:15 am

Not doing Wicklow 200 myself.
Might join you as far as Dungarvan, on a much needed recovery week.

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am

It's all secret training now, kc; they don't want to give anything away here!

That sounds a great plan to me - would you say the roads are up to TT standard though up in the Wild Wesht? I'm planning an unsociable 'aero' spin - although we weren't too unsociable in Wexford, in fact - but it is nice to know that you're not alone out there.

7 a.m., though affraid

Worst thing about IM - the early starts Suspect
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Basher Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:55 am

Well how could I not join you for the route that I suggested. How about we meet up at the tramore turn off/orchardstown cross at 7:30am which would mean we all leave home approx. 7:00am???

Metal Basher

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:29 am

Right I'm back after a prolonged period of only posting in the swimming section. I'd be up for it, have to stick to the road bike for another week or so anyway, so no TT bike for me either.

I'll need a sat nav up in them there hills though

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by kc Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Id say 7.30 at Orchardstown sounds spot on. That would give Mike a bit of time to get the lazy Tramore squad out of bed. I see Slatts is making a come back after all that secret training, and if I keep Spins talking about those seat tube motors and all the new technology hell be up the Vee before he knows it.

kc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down