Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connemara 2010 (Ultra and half marathons)

3 posters

Go down

Connemara 2010 (Ultra and half marathons) Empty Re: Connemara 2010 (Ultra and half marathons)

Post by copperman Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 am

What can I say. Dots you are the man!!!! Very impressive, can you give us a definition of pain and stubborness?

copperman

Back to top Go down

Connemara 2010 (Ultra and half marathons) Empty Re: Connemara 2010 (Ultra and half marathons)

Post by Marco Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:01 am

Much respect to Dots - a hot day down there, and a tough course to boot. A huge achievement to get around!

And NoelieBoy - sure I didn't see you down there at all. I would've been sure to have said well boy!
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Connemara 2010 (Ultra and half marathons) Empty Connemara 2010 (Ultra and half marathons)

Post by Helly Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 am

Congratulations to 3 club members who took part in the Connemara races today, especially to Dots who finished the Ultra marathon in approx 8hrs 20mins! It was a hot and cruel day to tackle the 39.3miles of Connemara (with reports of temp of 21 degrees!). He completed the 1st 27miles in about 4hrs 30mins but suffered from the heat in the last 12 miles especially since his bag of electrolytes and drinks was not at the designated aid station. However, he persevered to the finish, a task many of us would have found difficult, to successfully complete the longest race any of us has ever done! Well done Dots.

Also congrats to Marc O'Cathasaigh who ran with his brother to finish the half marathon in 1hr 49mins and to Noel Ryan who accompanied his sister on her 1st half marathon to finish in 1hr 56mins.

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down