Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Duathlon postponed

3 posters

Go down

Club Duathlon postponed Empty Re: Club Duathlon postponed

Post by Slatts Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Just to confirm that we won't be having training duathlon this year

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:44 am

The informal club races might not be happening as the actual duathlon season is starting soon with spokes tramore race in a few weeks

Our races will be on in March (Butlerstown) & April (Fenor).

I think Carrick are having one this season and there is also a new one on in Thomastown in march

But anyway watch this space - we should know if we're having a training one by next week after the committee meeting...

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by whopper Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:43 am

Well Lads
I'm new to the Club this Year. Just wondering when the duathlon is on ?

whopper

Back to top Go down

Club Duathlon postponed Empty Club Duathlon postponed

Post by Helly Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:31 am

Hi All,

We were due to hold our next club training duathlon this Sunday at Butlerstown but, in hindsight, we should have realised that there would be a lot going on this weekend, it being the last weekend before Christmas. I know that a few of the club are taking part in the Headcases for Cancer chartity triathlon on Sunday (doing 1000m in Kingfisher pool, 100k cycle and 10k run), others have nights out over the weekend, more have last minute shopping to cram in.

So, with this in mind, as well as the fact that it may be frosty, we have decided to postpone it until the middle of January. We can decide a date after xmas. Keep an eye here for updates.

I hope people won't be too disappointed... It will be a great way to shift some of the effects of mince pies & pudding after Xmas.

The one we held in Fenor last month went great with 20 participants

I forgot the put up the results so I will list them below now.

Ray Power 71.32
Mark Hayden 73.17
Mark Daly 75.36
Tom Brennan 80.44
Davin Power 82.03
David Devine 82.03 (did a few extra k on the bike..that's what happens when you are talking as the briefing is going on Smile )
Ann Hennebry 86.18
Ray Hayes 86.18
Martin Flynnn 86.21
Brian Jacob 88.07
Olive O'Brien 89.19

Derek Nolan just did the 1st run and the cycle
Jim Baldwin was injured so just did 2 laps of the bike course.
Zoe McIntyre & Katie Ryan did a slightly shorter version of the course with Shane Scadding as their guide on the bike.
Brian Slattery just did a combination of runs
Ian McHardy did the 1st run and then took over looking after their kids as his wife, Elaine Mullan did the cycle.
Caroline Russell had to turn back on the bike as she got bad back ache but she then took over doing the timing.
Ned Power was on photographic duties. I'll put up the photos soon..
Thanks to Norah Storey (and little Ben) and myself (and little Hayden) for timing also.
Thanks to Michael Carroll for putting out signs on the road (even is someone did totally miss it!!)

Hope everyone has great Christmas. santa

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down