Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan

4 posters

Go down

Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan Empty Thanks very much to everyone for sponsoring me for the charity cycle. It was hugely appreciated. Every bit counts in helping Crumlin Children's Hospital

Post by louis Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:52 am

Helly wrote:Great Training race today. Even though there was beautiful sunshine, it still remained quite cold for the duration, even the participants claimed they were cold and never warmed up.
Straight from the word GO, the pace was hard with Chris Mintern (who by the way, is still only 16) setting off at a blistering pace with everyone else wondering what was going on?
Chris came back into T1 in 1st place with Shane a few seconds behind. After 1 lap of the bike, Shane was ahead with Chris just behind but by lap 2 that was reversed again with Shane just behind Chris. It was only on the final hill of the last lap that Shane could shake him off and had about 30secs lead heading out on the 2nd run. He ran for his life here and managed to pull away from Chris to come home 1st. It was a great battle and well done to Chris who has improved hugely on the bike since last year. Watch out everyone...
Pio and Davin stayed together for the race with Davin pushing the pace on the whole time & they finished 3rd & 4th.

Results (Overall only for the moment)
1.Shane Scadding 1.02.55
2. Chris Mintern : 1.05.20
3. Pio Wyse : 1.06.15
4. Davin Power: 1.06.16
5. Stephen Butler: 1.10.10
6. Louis Carroll : 1.14.56
7. Mark Daly : 1.14.59
8. Ben Casey : 1.15.37
9. Gerry O'Donoghue: 1.17.12
10. Dots : 1.23.06
11. Norma Goggin: 1.25.45
12. Olive Costello: 1.29.11
13. Brian O'Rourke: 1.30.29
14. Margo O'Dowd : 1.32.29
15. Edwina Butler: 1.32.29
16.Caroline Russell: (just did run 1 & bike)
17. Jenny Kervick : (Just did bike)

Many people took loads of time off their official race times here last March...Loads of photos up on Facebook (Thanks Barry)

Thanks to all the marshals: Siobhan Kennedy, Michael Carroll, Marc O'Cathasaigh, Brian Slattery, Roisin O'Grady, Emmet Kelly, Treasa, Barry Lambe & Pauline Lambe, Martin Kirwan & Ned Power (& myself).

Out supporting were Stefan, Peter Barry and family (although they were accused of just sussing out the competition)

All the money collected from today's duathlon was donated to Louis O'Carroll who is doing a sponsored cycle from Dublin to Galway next weekend in aid of Crumlin hospital. Hope the wind is with him for the 207k cycle...

I will put up full splits tomorrow.

louis

Back to top Go down

Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan Empty Re: Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan

Post by Helly Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:27 am

Great Training race today. Even though there was beautiful sunshine, it still remained quite cold for the duration, even the participants claimed they were cold and never warmed up.
Straight from the word GO, the pace was hard with Chris Mintern (who by the way, is still only 16) setting off at a blistering pace with everyone else wondering what was going on?
Chris came back into T1 in 1st place with Shane a few seconds behind. After 1 lap of the bike, Shane was ahead with Chris just behind but by lap 2 that was reversed again with Shane just behind Chris. It was only on the final hill of the last lap that Shane could shake him off and had about 30secs lead heading out on the 2nd run. He ran for his life here and managed to pull away from Chris to come home 1st. It was a great battle and well done to Chris who has improved hugely on the bike since last year. Watch out everyone...
Pio and Davin stayed together for the race with Davin pushing the pace on the whole time & they finished 3rd & 4th.

Results (Overall only for the moment)
1.Shane Scadding 1.02.55
2. Chris Mintern : 1.05.20
3. Pio Wyse : 1.06.15
4. Davin Power: 1.06.16
5. Stephen Butler: 1.10.10
6. Louis Carroll : 1.14.56
7. Mark Daly : 1.14.59
8. Ben Casey : 1.15.37
9. Gerry O'Donoghue: 1.17.12
10. Dots : 1.23.06
11. Norma Goggin: 1.25.45
12. Olive Costello: 1.29.11
13. Brian O'Rourke: 1.30.29
14. Margo O'Dowd : 1.32.29
15. Edwina Butler: 1.32.29
16.Caroline Russell: (just did run 1 & bike)
17. Jenny Kervick : (Just did bike)

Many people took loads of time off their official race times here last March...Loads of photos up on Facebook (Thanks Barry)

Thanks to all the marshals: Siobhan Kennedy, Michael Carroll, Marc O'Cathasaigh, Brian Slattery, Roisin O'Grady, Emmet Kelly, Treasa, Barry Lambe & Pauline Lambe, Martin Kirwan & Ned Power (& myself).

Out supporting were Stefan, Peter Barry and family (although they were accused of just sussing out the competition)

All the money collected from today's duathlon was donated to Louis O'Carroll who is doing a sponsored cycle from Dublin to Galway next weekend in aid of Crumlin hospital. Hope the wind is with him for the 207k cycle...

I will put up full splits tomorrow.

Helly

Back to top Go down

Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan Empty Re: Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan

Post by LambeB Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 am

Me going well on the bike? And in the winter?

I thought you knew me better than that Helen.

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:50 am

Thanks Barry, Pauline and Marc. Also thanks to Siobhan K, Michael C & Treasa....see ye all on Sunday morn.

Competition will be hot by the sounds of it!

Are you sure you don't want to do the race Barry, I heard you're going well on the bike lately Very Happy )

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by LambeB Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Myself and P can marshall as well Helly

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 am

Still of the banjaxed foot, so I'd be happy to help with the marshalling, Helly.
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan Empty Club Training Duathlon - Butlerstown Sun. 30th Jan

Post by Helly Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi All,

Due to the snow, frost, ice, etc. we had to cancel our club training duathlons planned for Nov. & Dec. but, all going well, we will hold our next (and 1st!) winter training duathlon on Sunday 30th January at Butlerstown.
(One of the roads in Fenor is closed at the moment so we can't use that course and Sun. will be quieter than Sat. on the roads so hope this suits everyone)

Race start at 10.30am. We will meet in the carpark at the rear of the Holy Cross pub on the Cork road. For anyone who hasn't done it before, you will find maps and course description on a link on our homepage. Its a 5k run, 20k cycle, 3k run.

This is an ideal opertunity for anyone planning on doing the official race in March to complete the course. Also a great way to dust off the cobwebs and stretch the legs and get ready for the 2011 race season.
If you don't feel like doing the whole course, just do whatever parts you want or maybe enter as a team.

We will also need a few marshals on the day for timing, etc. so if anyone is available, please let me know.

Hope to see you all there.

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down