Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin City Marathon - The Runners and Riders

+4
Helly
Slatts
copperman
Dillonger
8 posters

Go down

Dublin City Marathon - The Runners and Riders Empty Re: Dublin City Marathon - The Runners and Riders

Post by Marco Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:26 pm

Jayney Mac, there's an awful lot of road out there! Well done to everyone running - it was a pleasure to share the road with ye, even if most had worn the path by the time I got there. A big thank you to the support from the club - ye were a great lift, oftentimes when it was most needed. I think Martin and Olive covered more miles than the runners....

As to Barry Lambe - after his own finish, straight back out on the course at mile 23, cheering on the tired legs - well done fella! Those reports of most of your body parts being manufactured in a cybernetics factory in Eastern Siberia are surely only rumours spread by the begrudgers king
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Dublin City Marathon - The Runners and Riders Empty Re: Dublin City Marathon - The Runners and Riders

Post by martink Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 am

Nice to see you telling it like it is LiamD, the talk on the street down around here is Dillonger is on loan to a little known but up and coming south county Dublin club and big things are expected on the circuit next year Sleep
There was even a sense of it around the streets of Dublin yesterday all pending transfer fees etc of course!

martink

Back to top Go down

Post by LambeB Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:31 am

'composed, fresh and in control'??????

Thanks Liam but that doesn't exactly describe the look on my face in some of those photos near the end. Great running from everyone yesterday, well done to all. And cheers to all the supporters. It was brilliant.

Think I've eaten close to my bodyweight in cream cakes, chocolate and sausages since yesterday!!!

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Post by LiamD Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 am

Well, yet again Waterford TC sent their A-Team to the one of the most prestigous events in the country. With great respect, ye learnt from yer mistakes in Kilkee and trimmed the fat from the team, kept Casey at home, banished young Kirwan to the sidelines and ensured that the 28th national ranked relay team were chained to the gates of Waterford.

I mentioned to Dillonger that the Waterford athletes were looking trim as we met ye during Saturday and Sunday (BTW thanks to all for calling in to see us and i hope no offense was taken as ye were shouted at from within :-)) and everybody from Dullea down was in superb form. Missed a few of ye along the route but the look of the day was from Brian Slattery coming off the UCD flyover as if he has lost his marbles somewhere on the flyover and was never going to retrieve them .... great to see Martin and Olive on mile 10 and got to shout Steffan and Brian through ... it was also super to see Marc O'C and Gavin Q running through the park together as if they were out for a stroll .... but hats off to Barry Lambe for anytime i saw him, he was composed, fresh and in control.

Great performances again and very well done. The only question i am asking myself is where were Power and Scadding .... methinks the boys are in some corner of Waterford watching the tide change???

God Bless the Effort in the South East and may the emergence of one unified club be within reach for us all!

LiamD

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:11 am

Links to photos from racepix365.com, mostly of Barry for some reason!!??, and no I hadn't got a kick in the nuts running up Nassau street it just looks like I did.

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=368&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=19

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=899&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=45

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=1878&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=94

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=1882&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=95

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=1916&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=96

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=3176&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=159

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=3368&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=169

http://racepix365.com/RacePhoto.aspx?count=3637&idRace=68&racetag=dcm09&BibNumber=&page=182

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Great results in marathon yesterday.

Barry Lambe 2.55.22
Noel Dillon 3.12.29
Stefan Green 3.18.46
Michael Bowes 3.21.31
Brian Slattery 3.28.39
Colin Fanning 3.29.39
Marc O'Cathasaigh 4.04.13
Simone Giorgi 4.04.43
Gavin Quinlan 4.13.21
Roisin O'Grady 4.44.20
Una O'Shea 4.44.20

And to the supporters/spectators Ned & Caroline and Martin & Olive who were everywhere! and handing out orange segments and jelly babies to everyone..

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:16 am

Well Barry Lambe was returned into the winners enclosure today admist euphoric scenes of jubilation. The Lambster justified the tag of favouritsm with a polished display of front running despite exchanging a few elbows in the opening mile with the Dillonger!!!

Seriously though, well done Barry, super time and it was a privilege to lead you out for the first 500 metres!

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by martink Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:00 am

Good luck lads and ladies, hope all goes to plan I will be looking out for ye all on the course and the off the ball incidents........enjoy! Very Happy

martink

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:30 am

Best of Luck to everyone on Monday. Stick to your plan and you'll be fine. I won't put any pressure on anyone by saying who I would bet on (but GO ON ROISIN and UNA!!...do it for the girls!!!)

I hope to see some post race reports here afterwards...to give us some interesting reading over our cornflakes...

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:35 pm

weather forecast for monday has improved to good to firm, 12 degrees with light southerly breeze

best of luck to everyone running (especially anyone within striking distance in the last few miles - there may be a stewards inquiry for over use of the whip Very Happy )

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by copperman Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 am

Fairly generous odds on yourself I notice Dillonger! Barry watch out for those underhand tactics of Dillon. Yes he gave me apples but I slowed down as a result. Did I learn nothing from 'Sleeping Beauty'. Oh yeah and secondly nobody is going to post their estimates, so Boston Boy pleae begin!!!!!

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:49 am

So if you were given a free 100 to spend at the bookies, where would u spend it? Each way bets allowed for 1st 2nd and 3rd.

I'll be putting 50 e/w on Simone.

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Dublin City Marathon - The Runners and Riders Empty Dublin City Marathon - The Runners and Riders

Post by Dillonger Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:27 am

Monday October 26th sees the annual showpiece of the athletic calendar in Dublin for the 30th running of the Dublin City Marathon.

Waterford Triathlon Club will have 11 runners (correct me if there are more) going to post:

The following is a pinstickers guide towards picking the first runner home:

4/6F Barry Lambe: A sublime running talent who has flourised as the season developed. Virtually unbeatable on his day, he is sure to carry the burden of favouritsm on race morning. Ticks all the boxes and is sure to gather a lot more support as the race draws near, so at the current price of 4/6, represent great value. Should be careful, though, not to entertain any mind games from his fellow runners in the lead up to the event!

3/1 Michael Bowes: Has been progressing well on the Tramore gallops in recent weeks and on his day, could present a real challenge to Lambe. Rumoured to have had a meticulous preparation and at 3/1 is worth a punt.

3/1 Stefan Green: An immense talent who is set to stamp his mark on the race. The 'Pride of Poleberry' has had a fantastic preparation and his season has grown from strength to strength since going on a diet of stewed apples, albeit of the Limerick variety!

8/1 Noel Dillon: A man for the big occasion. Tremendous aptitude for the big day but he will have to run in a zone that he never ran in before if he is going to challenge Lambe. Rumoured to have a very precise race strategy in place that may involve some 'off the ball' incidents prior to the start of the race.

10/1 Brian Slattery: Coming into this race off the back of a great preparation. Beautifully poised runner who is sure to attract massive levels of support from his adoring fans. Given the expected support, he is likely to be blinkered on the big day. Represents massive each way value at 10/1.

12/1 Marc O'Cathasaigh: A powerful performer who is no stranger to Dublin on marathon day. Finely tuned prepartion is sure to reap dividends for the 'Tramore Tornado'.

12/1 Gavin Quinlan: Reports from Waterford this week of Quinlan running in a pink costume have been dismissed as 'rubbish'. The Quinlan camp is expected to unleash a hugely prepared participant this year and, at 12/1, is attracting a large amount of each way interest.

14/1 Stephen Doyle: If he could swim the course he would set a course record but notwithstanding this, he has become an overnight running sensation this year. Will be high on confidence coming off the back of a win in the Ballinasloe triathlon.

16/1 Simone Giorgi: If this was a cooking competition, the bookies would already be paying out on the Italian. Supreme runner who has shown his pedigree already this season. If Giorgi pulls this one off, it will be the greatest achievement by any italian against Irish opposition since Toto Schillaci put Ireland out of the World Cup all of 19 years ago.

33/1 Roisin O'Grady: Hugely talented runner in her maiden season, this is here biggest test yet but one leading bookmaker has taken a massive four figure sum on O'Grady pulling off what would be a sensational victory.

33/1 Una O'Shea: Rumoured to be hampered by a persistent leg injury this week, the latest reports for the stable companion of Brian Slattery is that O'Shea 'will be running through the pain barrier'. A win for O'Shea would undoubtedly set the bonfires blazing in South Kilkenny on Monday night.

100/1 bar.

Last edited by Dillonger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:58 am; edited 6 times in total

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down