Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenmare race route change

4 posters

Go down

Kenmare race route change Empty Re: Kenmare race route change

Post by LambeB Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:17 am

Spare room in our house in Kenmare over weekend if anyone needs extra accommodation. €25 per night

See ye all down in Kenmare for a walk in the park

LambeB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 am

It has come to my attention that there is an imposter using our forum!!! Very Happy

And this person has posted a message a guest so we can't ban him from posting future messages!!!

I'll ask this imposter to give himself up Cool You will be treated with dignity and humanity Wink

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie_ Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:47 pm

At least the one thing about the People Park in Waterford, is that you will most likely set a PB for your 800's due to the local's chasing you out it with the Pint Bottle of Bulmers! Good training!

charlie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:46 am

I was thinking more of a metaphorical park, with warm sunshine on your back, marshmallow like conditions underfoot & aid stations staffed by nubile super models feeding you grapes & pouring water from a vine leaf. You can do a few 800's in the peoples park if you want though........

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 pm

So basically Slatts, if I take your post literally, the run in Kenmare is totally equivalent to walking one lap of the people's park in Waterford??? or am I assuming too much here, did you have a more challenging park in mind? Like the Grand Canyon National Park perhaps. I'd like you to be a bit more specific bounce

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:10 am

Handy run, late start and the weather forecast is for clouds & sun with little wind:

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=kenmare&metric=1&fday=11

This is going to be a walk in the park Very Happy

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Kenmare race route change Empty Kenmare race route change

Post by Helly Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Myself and Shane were in Kenmare over the weekend and noticed new road km markings on the run route so made a few enquiries..

It looks like the run route is now an out-and-back course with the turnaround point another 1.5km further on. The finish is at Transition so we don't run back along the main road, we just run back the same way.
Also heard that the start time for race is 8.15am so we get a lie in! And it should be easier to eat that big bowl of porridge at a more reasonable hour.

** Just after I typed this I see that the race briefing is now up on the Cork website! **

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down