Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Then the wheels came off...

4 posters

Go down

Then the wheels came off... Empty Then the wheels came off...

Post by Marco Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 am

Out for a solo spin on Sunday, here's a conversation I had with myself closing the door of my house:

"I've forgotten my Allen keys, bedad!"

"Arra, never mind them Allen keys; sure you never need the blasted things anyway."

Having cycled over the Mawmaw (spelling!?!) and feeling quite pleased with myself, I was just coming on to the Dungarvan / Ballymacarbry Rd. when.... Shocked

me feicin' crank fell off!!

I've had cases where the wheels came off, but this is a first on me of the pedal coming off. Suspect

Had to ring the wife to pick me up in Dungarvan, as I HAD NO FEICIN' ALLEN KEYS, while I cycled the 6 miles down on one pedal!!

There's a moral here somewhere.

On the upside, having hopped into Waterford and back bounce when I got home, I feel my preparation for the one-legged Ironman is way ahead of schedule!! cheers
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Then the wheels came off... Empty Re: Then the wheels came off...

Post by Spins Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Long hilly solo rides already......swot!

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Bit of tough love was required here. Roisin should have drove no further than Kilmac. One footed cycling is an integral part of ironman cycle training after all. Marco needs to HTFU Evil or Very Mad

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 am

One legged cycling is the way to go, really build up strength in that one leg. We should all take off one pedal and cycle out to Dungarvan some morning and then take off the other pedal and cycle back. Good training. We should do it this weekend :-)

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down