Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Straw Poll - Ballyhoura

3 posters

Go down

Straw Poll - Ballyhoura Empty Re: Straw Poll - Ballyhoura

Post by Marco Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:53 am

Response from Ballyhoura types, who I e-mailed for info:

There is no cost to use the trails but a there is a cost of 5euro for the car park and it covers you for the whole day. There are shower facilities on-site which are 2euros.

Mountain Bikes can be hired at the Trailhead from a private company called Trailriders their details are as follows: Chris/Liam 087 2717330, www.trailriders.ie

Alternatively bikes can be hired from another company in Kilmallock called Ballyhoura Bike Hire and their details are: Joe 083 4052855, www.ballyhourabikehire.com.

I’m afraid you will have to contact them yourself for prices (they usually do good group rates) and details on bikes.

To find out all you need to know about the trails go to www.ballyhouramtb.com where you can download a copy of the trail guide.

If by an ‘excursion’ you mean to have a guide take you out on the trails then yes you would need to book in advance, either of the bike hire company’s can facilitate that. Bikes would also need to be booked in advance for groups to avoid disappointment.

I hope this is of use to you.

There's also accomodation up there, so we could arrange a day out - all driving down - or a weekend in the dirt, depending how ambitious or deranged people are.
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveD Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:48 am

Count me in.

DaveD

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm up for it

Spins

Back to top Go down

Straw Poll - Ballyhoura Empty Straw Poll - Ballyhoura

Post by Marco Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 am

A mountain biking outing to Ballyhoura was mooted at the AGM. I'd be quite keen, so I'm just taking straws in the wind - would people be interested? I imagine we'd be talking January or February at this stage...

http://www.discoverireland.com/us/ireland-things-to-see-and-do/listings/product/?fid=FI_71422
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down