Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comeragh Cycle club - Table Quiz

5 posters

Go down

Comeragh Cycle club - Table Quiz Empty Dillongers Optimism

Post by copperman Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 am

Really Dillonger your passion and dedication to defending Limerick is truly admirable! Being wholly ignorant on all matters hurling (again, sorry Peter!) my basic instinct would be - If Limerick were actually any good they would in fact have won something, would they not? Its a bit like a certain recent handball, lets not dwell on what could have been. So let us not drown this informative forum with Limerick near wins!!

Otherwise hope everything is well!

Stefan

copperman

Back to top Go down

Comeragh Cycle club - Table Quiz Empty Re: Comeragh Cycle club - Table Quiz

Post by Dillonger Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:31 am

I kind of see your point Helly but Limerick were level with Kilkenny after 25 minutes of the League Final in 2006 having played some vintage hurling in the opening quarter - FACT, and we were also level with them with 15 minutes to go in the All Ireland Quarter final of 2005 and only for DJ Carey getting some dodgy frees that day we'd have beatem em!- FACT. I hope Peter Barry doesn't read this forum ! ! ! (Sorry if anyone thinks I'm overusing this forum for non triathlon related matters ! !)

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:38 am

I'm sorry to say Noel, taking in every type of hurling match there is, in every type of league there is, male, female and children included, all added together, Limerick never even occured to us! (we actually thought Wexford!)

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Limerick havn't beaten an egg 4 times in the last 4 years never mind KK Very Happy

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Helly, I think you have grounds for a stewart's inquiry. It couldn't have been Waterford that beat Kilkenny 4 times, it must surely have been Limerick! I know Limerick would have been your answer.

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Well, we didn't win but we gave it a fair shot, with a final score of 59 out of 61. Myself, Shane, Michael Carroll and Marco. We could have done with a Kilkenny person (with GAA interest, Brian or Peter spring to mind here...) on the team to answer one of our wrong questions (answer was in Brian Coady's book..which team beat Kilkenny 4 times in the past 10 years?..or something along those lines....answer was Waterford which our team had no faith in as we got it wrong!

One or our clubmembers , Annette O'Mahoney, was on one of the 3 teams which got full marks and got into the playoffs...they were unlucky not to win though. Although their table did win most of the spotprizes for some reason ???!!??

We had to rely on the raffle tickets to win anything, and I was lucky here, a nice bottle of wine is now mine.

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:15 am

Great! you have a few hours to cram! see you there..

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 am

Cool! I don't know if I'm any good, but God, apparently loves a trier. And to badly misquote Groucho Marx "any table quiz team that will have me as a member..."
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:58 am

I think my team are looking for a 4th member...if u want to be on my team?? Hope you're good at the ole general knowledge and history??

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 am

Anyone short of a team member, give us a shout....
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Anyone who follows your tips generally ends up with a rolled docket cursing you and your tips........ I'm aware i'm not much better in this department but at least mine tend to finish the race Laughing

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonger Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Just to tip you all off, they always ask the winner of the English Grand National at the Table Quiz so last year's winner was Mon Mome. I'll also take this opportunity to remind you that my tip for last year's race came 4th and I did recommend an each way tip so if you had followed the tip you would have all made a handsome profit but I don't think anyone had faith in my tip!

Dillonger

Back to top Go down

Comeragh Cycle club - Table Quiz Empty Comeragh Cycle club - Table Quiz

Post by Helly Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Comeragh Cycle Club are holding their annual table quiz in The Showboat (the Glen) tonight at 9pm. Table of 4 costs 20euro. Some of us will be heading up there to test our knowledge (we usually do great until the last round..)

Come along to show your support.

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down