Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Morning Bike.

2 posters

Go down

Saturday Morning Bike. Empty Re: Saturday Morning Bike.

Post by Marco Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:15 am

I've visitors at the weekend (the non-triathlon type, who don't view Friday evening as a perfect opportunity for an early night after ensuring adequate hydration and carbohydrate levels Razz ), so I'll be doing my (last!) long bike on Sunday morning instead of Saturday. My plan is to head to Clonmel on the main road, up over the Vee via Ardfinnan, Cappoquin, Dungarvan (no sausage rolls this time) and home. Round about 105 miles the lot.

Sellings point: the weather forecast (from accuweather) looks a good bit better for Sunday than Saturday, though I doubt that will sway the phathom finkers. If anyone's interested, we can arrange a meet-up time and place.....
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:32 am

Long cycle happening tomorrow, 9th July, for anyone interested. Proposed route - New Ross, Wexford, Enniscorthy and back the way we came (open to discussion here). If memory serves, that's about the 100 miles, or 5.5 hrs for anyone who reckons their training that way. Decent surface, generous hard shoulder, a few nice ( Exclamation ) pulls - Glenmore, New Ross... The forecast isn't as baleful as it has been for the last few days.

So far, myself, Spins and Slatts are definites, but the more, the less glummer. Tramore-ites will be leaving the Maxol at 7.45 to hook up with Waterford types at Superquinn at 8 (unless ye want to head out against us in the name of one-upmanship).

Porridge in the fridge, bottles filled and on the bike, set alarm to 'waken the dead'.
Marco
Marco

Back to top Go down

Saturday Morning Bike. Empty Saturday Morning Bike.

Post by Spins Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 pm

The Regensburg crew are planning a long bike tomorrow morning but it's two loops of the Carrick Lemybrien circuit so if any non IMers want to tag along and maybe only do one loop (good Kenmare training), they'd get their long bike out of the way and can enjoy a few beers on the Quays Saturday night.
Tis an early one though. leaving Waterford at 7.40 to meet lads in Tramore at 8, then across to orchardstown cross, should be there about 8.15.
Weather looking good, low winds, sun etc.
All welcome.

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down