Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie - Few Q's

3 posters

Go down

Newbie - Few Q's Empty Re: Newbie - Few Q's

Post by tomf Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:32 am

Cheers lads.

Thanks for the info. I ain't all that worried about the running side of things coz I am comfortable enough and my pace for a 10 miler is about 1hr 30.

My main concern is the cycle. With the beginner pace of 15mph, how long would ye be out for 2 hours, 3 hours???

Actaully easiest to give a buzz.......Martin are you ok for me to give you a buzz now????

Cheers,
Tom.

tomf

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 am

Hi Tom

I typed this while martin was posting so I'm putting it up anyway Very Happy

To answer your questions:

1. Yep we're open for members. Forms and info are on the website here: http://www.waterford-triathlon.com/Contact.htm
2. There are usually 2 groups on the group cycles, the beginners one goes at a pace of about 14-15 mphs average. We always cycle in a direction that allows people to short cut home anyway if you are stuck for time
3. The runs in Portlaw are also split into two groups. They both tend to split up and regroup along the way a few times as few people have the same pace on the hills anyway.
4. The spokes duathlon in tramore and our race in butlerstown are on in March. Both are good races. We also have a race in Fenor in April which is better than both!

Slatts

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Post by martink Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:17 am

Hi Tom
Welcome to the forum, we all ways welcome new members. If you want to give me a call I can have a chat with you go through any questions you have.
Martin 0872535375

martink

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Few Q's Empty Newbie - Few Q's

Post by tomf Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:20 am

Hey all,

I was thinking of joining the club. I was living and working in UK for the last 8 years and I am now back home for good now (originally from Portlaw). I have been doing a few half marathons but to be honest I am getting a bit bored and I am thinking of doing a few duathlons to "shake things up a bit". If that goes well then maybe triathlons.

I have a busy Jan coz I am doing the Mallow 10, Wateford half and Dungarvan 10.

I plan on spending Feb getting used to and fitness on a bike.

So my main Question are:
1) Are ye open to a new member
2) Having read a good few posts, what kind of pace/distance do I need to be at before joining your bike rides on Sundays.....last thing I want is to be the new lad holding everyone up!!!!!
3) What distance/pace do ye do in Portlaw woods for the run on Sat morning
4) I see from a few websites that there are duathlons planned in March around Waterford.....does anybody know much about these?

By the way, I am far for being super fit or even close and I am mainly doing this to maintain fitness and as I said I am getting bored just doing the running alone

Cheers,
Tom.

tomf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum