Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenmare - The Lost Sheep Half Ireman

+3
Spins
Slatts
Helly
7 posters

Go down

Kenmare - The Lost Sheep Half Ireman Empty Re: Kenmare - The Lost Sheep Half Ireman

Post by hicks Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 am

got in at long last on sat morn cheers cherry is there many doin kinsale?

hicks

Back to top Go down

Kenmare - The Lost Sheep Half Ireman Empty Re: Kenmare - The Lost Sheep Half Ireman

Post by Helly Sun May 30, 2010 1:53 am

Excellent! A few more bodies got in this morning...the last round will be on Wed. 8am...plenty time for more to consider it..

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat May 29, 2010 8:26 pm

I got in this morning and got Conor Murphy in too. Another Sept 11th disaster waiting to happen Neutral

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Wed May 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Actually it's NOT a NS race this year, so was quite surprised when my page kept crashing!

There seems to have been a problem with registration this morning according to a notice on the cork website at the moment (as below)

Unfortunately, there was a problem with the Active Europe website this morning and things did not go to plan. We closed registration early because of this. We will have everything tested and rectified for the next registration date (8am on Saturday 29th May 2010) and will increase the entry on that date to 200 places.

Sincere apologies for any frustration caused.

It doesn't really make you feel any better though....

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Damn Cork Tri Club anyway.
I couldn't find it on their website or on Active Europe site, bad form alright. It doesn't deserve to be NS if that's the way the organise registration, woooooooo! (cue handbag)
Really annoyed Evil or Very Mad
Gonna have to get up early Saturday 29th so...... grrrrr!

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Basher Wed May 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Well after all my talk in saying that I wouldn't do Kenmare, Kate opened a small window of oportunity so I shot throught it before it closed againg or she realised what she had said.

So I'm in and again found it on Active at about 7:50am

Metal Basher

Back to top Go down

Post by copperman Wed May 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Got in OK, had to go through active europe link did not appear until just after 8 on calendar of events.

copperman

Back to top Go down

Post by Helly Wed May 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Yes, got myself, Shane and Dots in this morn. (found it listed in Active Europe) Did so much cursing at the computer as it kept crashing! A new reduced price of €90...we might not get anything in the goody bags this year!!

The link never appeared on the Cork website which was bad form as they said it would and many of the lads were there waiting for it to open! Others went in to Active Europe website and could not find it listed there...all very strange...

At 8.15am it said there were 70 places left but 2 mins later it was gone! Strange....

Anyway, will definitely have to bring my bike to Switzerland now to keep up the training...

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Spins Wed May 19, 2010 6:42 pm

No joy.
Couldn't even find link to Active Europe at 8.05.
Was there a link from the CTC page at all or was I just too late at 5 past?
Gonna have to try again on 29th.

Spins

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatts Wed May 19, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm in, I'll do anything for another one of those funky hats. Anyone else?

Slatts

Back to top Go down

Kenmare - The Lost Sheep Half Ireman Empty Kenmare - The Lost Sheep Half Ireman

Post by Helly Fri May 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Just to give a few days notice to those who need to make their minds up...
1st round of Kenmare half Ireman opens next Wed. 19th May at 8am (150 places)
2nd round opens Sat. 29th May at 8am (150 places)

The race takes place on Sat. 11th Sept and places will fill up FAST! If you want to do the race, enter straight away! (For those who don't know this race, its a 1900m swim, 90k cycle and 21k run...taking in the beautiful scenery of Kerry)

As per previous years, if there is enough interest, we (as a club) will do a training weekend in Kenmare on the August Bank holiday and do the course over 2 days. We will rent a few houses as required which usually works out at about €50 each for the weekend. None of the "Ironmen" guys will be there for the training weekend (they will still be hobbling about somewhere..)

Be warned! The race usually costs €100 to enter...

Helly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down