Waterford Triathlon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a word of caution for all your watches, computers and sensors and time.

Go down

Just a word of caution for all your watches, computers and sensors and time. Empty Just a word of caution for all your watches, computers and sensors and time.

Post by emmk Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Just a word of caution for all your watches, computers and sensors.
Days before and day of Ironman. Make sure all is charged you have adaptors.
Have spare batteries for everything last year my cadence sensor batt died and there was NO Garmin tent at the expo so we ran around looking for a bike shop. Before bike check in which made me late which ment we ate late with so many people looking to eat in town.
Excess stress you don’t want.
You may think you know your watch, computer but I ended up locking my watch the day before and had another few little heart attacks. Looking up the manual online and ringing Ireland. But found out by hitting every combination of buttons.
Now I know how to Lock and Unlock my Garmin good feature when racing in case you hit it off something and it stops the timer. (Mode, up arrow to Lock and Mode, up arrow to Unlock Press them at the same time)

Pretty simple stuff I know and most of everyone is better prepared this year but we learn from others mistakes just letting you know a few of mine.

emmk

Back to top Go down